Thursday, December 17, 2015

Blogging? Giving it another whirl!

I guess you can't really be considered a blogger if you don't post regularly.  So, I've definitely NOT been the blogger I'd hoped to be.  I am feeling the Lord guide me to a fast from facebook, and more time for family, homemaking, and homeschooling.  I'm worried it will be difficult, but I'm hoping it's life changing.  I don't want to be the mom who is constantly looking at her phone and ignoring the needs around her.  So, because of this, I am hoping to free up more time to devote to blogging.  It's been a dream of mine for quite some time.  Pray with  me, that the Lord will continue to direct my path, and that I would be a light for Him in my family, household, homeschool, and life.

Today is the last day this semester for our homeschool before taking a much needed Christmas break. To celebrate finishing what needed to get completed, we are going as a family to see Christmas lights tonight.  I'm very much looking forward to that!  I will try to post pictures later.

We are also doing some new things this Christmas season.  We are doing the Jesse Tree.  It is a daily devotion about the lineage of Jesus, and each day we add an ornament with a picture that has to do with the reading of the Scripture passage for the day.  I am enjoying it very much.  Then, we are also using the Christmas Angel.  She brings messages to the kids each day of some act of kindness or service that can be done for others.  I am hoping the spirit of giving will be instilled more and more as we practice serving, and that the Lord will be given the glory He deserves while remembering the true reason of the season....Jesus and His birth!

I am hoping, also, to update everyone on where we are in our homeschooling journey, what curriculum choices we are using this year, etc., but that will have to wait until another time....maybe after the celebration of Christmas.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Until next time,
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment